activemq-users mailing list archives

From "dannygallagher2@gmail.com" <dannygallagh...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Reorder of messages
Date Tue, 12 Feb 2013 16:06:04 GMT
Hi James,

Thanks for the comments.  Also, I put a little more detail about the
critical part of what I am after in a previous response on a different relpy
on this thread.

Mulling over it for awhile, does the following sound feasible?  Or am I
getting convoluted?

"Normal" flow of messages from one step to the next would be Step1Q_1 -->
work is done by a process --> Step2Q_1 --> work is done by a process,
etc......

In addition, an order update Q (that producers send messages to when the
importance changes), these messages are consumed by a process that looks for
the message in the update in any of the Step* queues, (Using browse
(hopefully in a manner where I don't have to look at every message) when the
message is found in a specific step Q, use Resequencer to reorder them by my
duration header property and into a new Q.  So that Step1Q_1 is re sequenced
as Step1Q_2.  I would then delete the Step1Q_1.  The consumers always using
a wildcard of Step1Q_*.  I would have to be able to produce the message into
Step1Q_* as well.  It's not clear to me that I can produce messages using a
wildcard?

Have I gone off the deep end here?

Thanks