activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject SystemUsage questions
Date Fri, 25 Jan 2013 08:20:18 GMT
Hi, I know that SystemUsage is used to control memory usage(to cache messages) ,
disk space usage for messages storage in the broker and we can allocate memory
usage for each destination while others can not be assigned independently.
I just noticed that there is no SystemUsage section present but the memory
usage limit is enabled for queues in activemq.xml on my production brokers.
In this case broker will create a default SystemUsage with 64M memory usage
limit.But the memory usage limit for queues is 512M, and that's bigger than the
memory usage limit of the broker.So in fact the memory usage limit for queues
is only 64M rather than 512M and I do expect there are some warning/error logs
to indicate unreasonable configuration but not.If there are no jiras about the
problem should I raise one now?

By the way,Does the temp store for non-persistent messages, pending transactional
messages and schedule messages respect the limit of SystemUsage?
I know that pending transactional  messages are kept in memory can cause OOM and
later release will save them into the temp store.Is it implemented since 5.6?

Thanks,
SuoNayi