activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mohit Anchlia <mohitanch...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Network of broker question
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 18:00:17 GMT
I restarted activemq so everything was reset and currently all of them
showing same values:

    <broker xmlns="http://activemq.apache.org/schema/core" brokerName="
pprfdaamq301.ie.id.net" persistent="true" dataDirectory="${activemq.data}">
        <!-- Destination specific policies using destination names or
wildcards -->
        <destinationPolicy>
            <policyMap>
                <policyEntries>
                    <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="200mb">
                        <deadLetterStrategy>
                          <individualDeadLetterStrategy queuePrefix="DLQ."
useQueueForQueueMessages="true" />
                        </deadLetterStrategy>
                    </policyEntry>
                    <policyEntry topic=">" producerFlowControl="true"
memoryLimit="20mb">
                    </policyEntry>
                </policyEntries>
            </policyMap>
        </destinationPolicy>
        <!-- Use the following to configure how ActiveMQ is exposed in JMX
-->
        <managementContext>
            <managementContext createConnector="true"/>
        </managementContext>
        <!--
            The store and forward broker networks ActiveMQ will listen to.
            We'll leave it empty as duplex network will be configured by
another broker
            Take a look at activemq-static_network-broker2.xml for example
        -->
        <networkConnectors>
            <networkConnector uri="static:(tcp://
pprfdaamq300.ie.id.net:61616)"/>
        </networkConnectors>
        <persistenceAdapter>
            <kahaDB directory="${activemq.data}/
pprfdaamq301.ie.id.net/kahadb" enableJournalDiskSyncs="false"
indexWriteBatchSize="10000" indexCacheSize="1000"/>
        </persistenceAdapter>
        <!--  The maximum amount of space the broker will use before
slowing down producers -->
        <systemUsage>
            <systemUsage>
                <memoryUsage>
                    <memoryUsage limit="200 mb"/>
                </memoryUsage>
                <storeUsage>
                    <storeUsage limit="100 gb" name="foo"/>
                </storeUsage>
                <tempUsage>
                    <tempUsage limit="1000 mb"/>
                </tempUsage>
            </systemUsage>
        </systemUsage>
        <!-- The transport connectors ActiveMQ will listen to -->
        <transportConnectors>
            <transportConnector name="openwire" uri="tcp://0.0.0.0:61616"/>
        </transportConnectors>
    </broker>

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:53 AM, Christian Posta
<christian.posta@gmail.com>wrote:

> DispatchAsync controls how the broker delivers messages to the bridge's
> network (proxy) consumer.
>
> please post the broker configs you're using as well as the
> destination/subscriptions stats (inflight, dispatchcount, enqueue, dequeue,
> etc)?
>

> On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 10:29 AM, Mohit Anchlia <mohitanchlia@gmail.com
> >wrote:
>
> > Is it better to set dispathAsync=false on the network of brokers?
> Currently
> > it looks like this?
> >
> >   Name<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
> > >
> >    Network TTL<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
> > >
> >    Dynamic Only<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
> > >
> >    Conduit Subscriptions<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
> > >
> >    Bridge Temps<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
> > >
> >    Decrease Priorities<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
> > >
> >    Dispatch Async<
> >
> http://pprfdaamq300.ie.intuit.net:8161/admin/connections.jsp;jsessionid=ndx7f1ktjogh158jxtqfmr79t#
>  > >
> >     NC 1 false true true false true
> >
> > On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 9:26 AM, James Green <james.mk.green@gmail.com
> > >wrote:
> >
> > > We have observed this when the link between A & B is slow. Probably a
> > > different scenario to the one Mohit is describing though.
> > >
> > > In our case we had a hub behind a shared ADSL link and several spokes
> in
> > > "production land". We would see messages piling up at random on the
> > spokes
> > > until restarts where issued of the brokers. In the end, out of ideas,
> we
> > > shifted the hub to be in the same network at the spokes and messages
> > began
> > > flowing far more reliably.
> > >
> > > James

> > > messages