activemq-users mailing list archives

From Dejan Bosanac <de...@nighttale.net>
Subject Re: Transport Connection EOFException
Date Fri, 04 Jan 2013 16:57:49 GMT
There were a contribution that included a servlet that does a basic
health check and could be used by load balancers

Maybe we can revive this effort and provide something with the distro.

Regards
--
Dejan Bosanac

On Fri, Jan 4, 2013 at 3:58 PM, Christopher Wood
<christopher_wood@pobox.com> wrote:
> Slightly off topic, but given that there are a number of reasons why you can open a tcp
socket but not have a usable daemon behind it, you probably want an application monitor in
your load balancer rather than just a tcp monitor.

> You could use the same code in your monitoring system to implement a part of a round-trip
checker, to automatically test your messaging from end to end.