activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Steve.V." <stephen.vinc...@sas.com>
Subject Re: Does the ">" destination wildcard require at least one character preceding it?
Date Thu, 31 Jan 2013 16:43:31 GMT
In summary, my test involves a queue where prioritizedMessages="true".  I put
some messages with varying priorities on the queue, and then GET them off to
see if they are retrieved in order of highest priority.  My test as a loop
doing that many times.  When prefetch is zero, it doesn't take many
iterations before I start seeing some lower priority messages being
retrieved over higher priority messages.  So, it seems that there is some
sort of conflict between prefetch=0 and prioritizedMessages="true".  My
client app uses the REST API.

Is anyone else seeing that?

I am not sure why my tester added those prefetch entries to the activemq.xml
file.  I suspect she may have added them at some point after noticing a
receiveNoWait() that didn't return a message when there were messages on the
queue.  By default, my REST API client specifies readTimeout=1 if the
driving application doesn't specify a readTimeout parameter.  So, I have
asked my tester to remove the prefetch=0 policy entries from the
activemq.xml config file.

-----
Stephen Vincent