activemq-users mailing list archives

From Nitesh <mehta.nit...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Help setting up two node cluster with loadbalancing and failover
Date Thu, 17 Jan 2013 11:55:12 GMT
Hi,

I have two machines( Machine A and Machine B) and I want to setup ActiveMQ
cluster and get benefits of failover and loadbalancing.

In my case brokers should run on both the machines and process messages.
Both of them should pass messages to each other so that it can be load
balances.
I think I can achieve this by following configuration
<networkConnector name="SYSTEM1" duplex="true"
uri="static:(tcp://10.x.x.x:61616)">

The thing I am stuck with is configuration for failover. How can I make
Machine B as slave for broker running on Machine A and vice versa.

The end result I want is if my machine A crashes, then all the pending
messages for broker on Machine A should be processed by Broker on Machine B
and all clients which was connected to Broker on machine A now connects to
Machine B.

We are actually evaluating ActiveMQ as a replacement for JBoss Messaging and
in JBoss Messaging we can share database between Nodes in a cluster and this
above behavior cames by default.