activemq-users mailing list archives

From jainmanglesh <jainmangl...@rediffmail.com>
Subject persistent message delivery to queue
Date Mon, 14 Jan 2013 17:23:57 GMT
Hi,

I want all the message from producer to send to queue with persistence, by
that I mean :
1. the message must not be lost during transition (from producer to queue,
like if server crashes during the transition)
2. the message should be there on the server, if server crashes after
messaged delivered to queue from producer.

I am using persistent delivery mode (which is default anyway). however in
this ack would be sent to producer for each and every message delivered (and
stored) in activemq local store (kahadb). I cannot afford to use async mode
(which may be 10 times faster) as if I use async mode and if server crashes
during the message delivery then that message will not be stored (I checked
that and found message lost during the transition were not there on the
queue) and hence message will be lost.

Is there anything I can do to improve performance of delivery of msg from
producer to Queue on server (as of now I see 60K message/minutes are
delivered).

I thought if there is anything like batch acknowledgement, so instead of ack
for each message, i can configure to ack for every 1000 (or n number)
messages and if any msg from that batch is not delivered  then the whole
batch will still be with producer (for automatic retry later).

I tried increasing couple of setting like memoryUsage (from systemUsage),
journalFileLength but didnt get any improvement in performance.

any help.