activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Marco.Crivellaro" <marco.cr...@gmail.com>
Subject Camel consumers with prefetch set to 0
Date Sun, 13 Jan 2013 15:36:59 GMT
Hi All,
I am looking into a small issue I am facing when consuming a queue using
Camel consumer (Camel route on standalone application) configured to poll
messages (ActiveMQ connectionstring parameter
jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=0)

current setup involves 450 consumers which are restarted by a cron (not all
at the same time).

>From time to time ActiveMQ console shows more than 450 consumers. The issue
is not shown when using prefect with a value higher than 0 (we've been
running with prefetch 1 for moths) so I am pretty sure it is caused by
polling.

I guess this is a side effect of the restart of one consumer with ActiveMQ
not realising the this is gone.

I've noticed a pattern when the number of consumer count is higher:

Client ID and Connection ID have a different naming (last digit is
different)

typical naming for client id, connection id is:
hostname-53053-1357556761084-1:1
hostname-53053-1357556761084-0:1

when there is a higher number of consumers the client id and connection id
have 2 instead of 1 as last digit
hostname-53053-1357556761084-1:2
hostname-53053-1357556761084-0:2

when this happens only the consumer with last digit set to 2 is actively
consuming; the other consumer has only 1 Enqueue listed in the stats.

I've already posted the same question on Camel mailing list and was
suggested Client ID and Connection ID are associated by JMS provider.

How are Client ID and Connection ID created?