activemq-users mailing list archives

From Timothy Bish <tabish...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Query related to CMS API createQueue
Date Wed, 09 Jan 2013 00:36:30 GMT
On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 16:29 -0800, Gangadhar Rao wrote:
> Is there any way we can have the createQueue CMS API to throw an error if the
> particular queue
> is not present on the broker rather than creating a new one.

Nope, the createQueue / createTopic methods don't interact with the
broker.  You can look into the security model of AMQ as that's how you
would restrict users from dynamically creating destinations, see:

http://activemq.apache.org/how-do-i-create-new-destinations.html

and

http://activemq.apache.org/security.html

This would cause an error to be thrown upon consumer or producer
creation if no destination exists and the user is not permitted to
create it.