activemq-users mailing list archives

From Raul Kripalani <>
Subject Re: Enabling Message Groups
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:41:53 GMT
As far as I recall, consumers are selected using a hash function. If the
hashes for both values match, it could justify this behaviour.

You can change the bucketing algorithm with something like:

<policyEntry queue=">"> <messageGroupMapFactory>...
</messageGroupMapFactory> </policyEntry>

Check the AMQ Javadoc for implementations of the MessageGroupMapFactory
interface to see what options are available.

Sorry I can't give you a full reference now because I'm in the road, but
explore down that path.

But before that, quickly run a sanity test with different JMSXGroupID
values to discard any errors with the setup altogether.