activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject subscription dispatching
Date Mon, 03 Dec 2012 18:40:30 GMT
So I think this is how it works, but looking for a quick clarification.

I have a producer to Topic FOO. I have a different producer on a different
connection to Topic BAR.

I have two consumers A and B. Both on separate connections. They both
subscribe to the same composite destination topic://FOO,topic://BAR

Is it possible for the ordering of the messages as seen by A to be
different than B?

>From what I understand, the answer is Yes.
Scenario:

FOO dispatches "aaa" message to A
BAR dispatches "ccc" message to A
FOO gets busy dispatching to other subs it might have
BAR dispatches "ccc" to B
FOO finally dispatches "aaa" to B

Then consumer A would have seen "aaa" "ccc"
Consumer B would have seen "ccc" "aaa"

Is this correct?

--
*Christian Posta*