activemq-users mailing list archives

From SuoNayi <suonayi2...@163.com>
Subject What will happen if consumer uses the client acknowledge model but no further explicit acknowledges are made?
Date Sun, 23 Dec 2012 14:40:48 GMT
Hi all,
I just want to make sure what will happen if my consumer uses the client acknowledge model

but no further explicit acknowledges are made?According to my observation,when producers are
keeping
sending messages to the queue,the dispatched queue size for my consumer (on the web console)

keeps increasing.
I assume that with the increase of the dispatched queue size, more and more messages will
be
loaded into the dispatched queue for the subscription in the broker and more memory is taken
from the SystemUsage.
When the memory limit is exceed,the dispatch messages to the consumer will pause for available
memory space.
If the memory usage is not handled properly, OOM will be thrown.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Thanks,
SuoNayi