activemq-users mailing list archives

From daltonch <c...@2kgt.com>
Subject Enabling Message Groups
Date Thu, 20 Dec 2012 21:11:27 GMT
I have a single queue, configured with 50 consumers.

When building the message I do,
message.setStringProperty("JMSXGroupID", jmsGroupID);

Where jmsGroupID is selected based on some string in the message body. There
are about 20 different values for jmsGroupID at this time. However, when
processing messages if I have several thousand with 1 jmsGroupID, lets call
it A, and a handful with another, lets call it B. Message's with jmsGroupID
of B will not process off along side messages with jmsGroupID A. Only 1
consumer is ever used, as you can see from this screen capture from
jmsadmin.

https://lh5.googleusercontent.com/-HX0MGQZ6uCY/UNN9m-ZKFuI/AAAAAAAAH78/VpVZF3PpG1A/s640/consumers.PNG

All 50 consumers are listed but only 1 is actually processing messages. I
assume I have something configured incorrectly but I'm not sure where to
start? As I understand it when another message comes in with JMSXGroupID of
B it should be processed by an idle consumer. This does not appear to be
happening for me.

Thanks,
Chad