activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Vetter <matthias.vet...@atos.net>
Subject receiving messages from a topic as if it was a queue, without being subscriber
Date Fri, 14 Dec 2012 14:08:42 GMT
We want to implement a recovery structure for both queue and topic messages.
We have two servers running each with an embedded broker. On failure of the
first server (and vice versa), the second server starts a “slave” broker,
which connects to the datastore of the failed remote broker. It iterates
over all existing queues there (using adminView.getQueues), finds all
pending messages and sends them to the eponymous queues of the still running
broker in the second server.
It would be nice if this applied also to topics. But the “slave” broker
never registered as a subscriber at the topics in the remote server. Is
there a way to access a topic as if it was a queue (and then receive all
messages and publish them anew to the topics of the survived broker?).
Could declaring a VirtualTopic be a possible way?
If one asks himself why we need this structure, and don’t just rely on a
failover scenario, the answer is: we have plenty of messages from inside the
server that we don’t want to get lost. Failover is good for external
clients, which will connect to the surviving broker.