activemq-users mailing list archives

From "Steve.V." <stephen.vinc...@sas.com>
Subject Re: I see defaultReadTimeout=-1 in MessageServlet.java, but experience 20 secs.
Date Wed, 12 Dec 2012 22:50:27 GMT
I looked deeper into "MessageServlet.java" and see the getReadTimeout changes
readTimeout values that are less than zero or greater than
maximumReadTimeout to maximumReadTimeout.  That explains why I was seeing a
20 second timeout.  In my client application, I plan to set a default
time-out value of 1 millisecond since I think it will be more common for my
users to expect an immediate response when the destination has no messages.

-----
Stephen Vincent