activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Cwiklik <cwik...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Broker Leak
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 20:32:27 GMT
Thanks, your reply seems consistent with what I am seeing in the heap dump
(see heapAnalyzer screenshot attached to the initial post). I am still
unclear how are the dead messages cleaned up (if ever). I ran a new scenario
where I had 4 SpringConsumerWithReply processes and a single
ProducerWithReply process which I start in a shell's endless for-loop.
for i in (1 .. 1000000000)
do
   java -jar producer-w-consumer.jar tcp://0.0.0.0:61616 serviceQ 100000
500000
done

I run the script and keep killing ProducerWithReply process which gets
launched again. I dont touch any of the SpringConsumerWithReply processes.
After a short while the broker OOMs.

Given the above scenario, is it expected that the broker OOMs? I know that
it OOMs due to messages destined for temp queues which no longer exist. How
should the ProducerExchange instances be cleaned up? Should the
SpringConsumerWithRep close a Session or Connection to a destination that it
thinks is no longer used? Is closing the Session enough to purge
ProducerExchange from the broker?

-Jerry C