activemq-users mailing list archives

From Jerry Cwiklik <cwik...@us.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Broker Leak
Date Tue, 11 Dec 2012 18:42:16 GMT
Thanks, yes this is true that there is an open connection to a temp queue
from the the SpringConsumerWithReply service. This is probably a common
scenario where one deploys a service process which services requests from
clients which can disappear at any time. Cleaning up unused/dead connections
would be an application concern. No argument there.

What I dont understand is why do I have messages in the broker destined for
a temp queue which no longer exist. When I kill the ProducerWithConsumer,
the temp queue is removed but the broker retains messages for it, which
causes a leak. Is this releated to what Gary mentioned, namely half closed
socket? We do use soWriteTimeout but not soTimeout. I will try to run the
test case with that.

-Jerry C