activemq-users mailing list archives

From javierco <vjavi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Producer to Topic with Consumer down, the broker is waiting?
Date Mon, 10 Dec 2012 19:34:41 GMT
Hi Christian, thanks for the quick response!

I do want the broker to always send the message "hey i got your message and
it's safely stored", but even when the consumer of that message is down.

The problem I'm having is that it looks like the broker wants to respond
"hey i got your message, but I'm waiting for the consumer to come back alive
before I reply to you" and the producer get's blocked. Is this the right
behavior? Do I need to have the Consumer running always in order to have
sync message delivery?

Javier C.