activemq-users mailing list archives

From rafiki <rafael.fernan...@taisis.com>
Subject How to unlock a queue?
Date Tue, 04 Dec 2012 09:23:20 GMT

I have the next situation:

+ An ActiveMQ stand alone Broker.
+ A JMS message producer sending 1MB message to a queue named "DATA" in a
non transactional mode.
+ A JMS message consumer reading in transactional mode from the same queue.
The consumer reads a message and then write it to a file. If it is written
ok then make a commit, if not, rollback.

I try to make a failure test, so when producer and consumer are working, I
kill the consumer process. ActiveMQ displays in log a Warning about a
"EOFException", and the queue is blocked. I can't write or read more message
using this queue. I have to delete the queue in order to continue using it,
with the consequent loss of data.

I reproduce this scenario with ActiveMQ 5.7.0, 5.5.1 and 5.4.3. I search in
google about this problem, but i don't find a way  to unlock the queue. Any
idea?

My O.S. is Debian "Wheezy" under VirtualBox, and working under OpenJDK
version 1.6.0_24

Thanks in advance