activemq-users mailing list archives

From Matthias Vetter <matthias.vet...@atos.net>
Subject AW: receiving messages from a topic as if it was a queue, without being subscriber
Date Mon, 17 Dec 2012 08:20:43 GMT
Hello Christian, thanks for the reply.

About Failover: this is used for clients, which aren't able to send
messages to the failed broker. It is just the normal way we use the
failover protocol.

But as additional scenario we need, as you correctly understood, another
client, which really retrieves all hanging messages from the dead
broker's store and shift them to the living broker.

Therefore, we search for an easy way to access a topic without having
been subscriber before.

If virtual topics could be helpful, I'd be glad..

Another aspect is, how to handle topic messages on the alive server.
Maybe we retrieve a message that was already read by four of five
subscribers in the failed environment. On the live environment there are
identical subscribers. How to find out the one subscriber there, which
is supposed to get the message..

Seems not so easy..

Regards

Matthias Vetter, Frankfurt