activemq-users mailing list archives

From James Green <james.mk.gr...@gmail.com>
Subject Memory usage with large messages
Date Thu, 08 Nov 2012 10:01:40 GMT
Hi,

We are narrowing down the chaos that we're encounted in recent weeks with
brokers hanging. The trigger point appears to be a large (10M) message
produced by a Stomp client on a hub topic then read by three spoke Stomp
clients. The Stomp transports on the spokes appear to start dieing after
this message is produced.

Between the hub and spokes is a slow ADSL upload link. The hub talks to the
spokes using the ssl:// scheme.

Do the network connectors between hub and spoke read messages sequentially
or in parallel? Also, is the memory for the entire message allocated the
beginning or does it expand as bytes are read off the wire?

I also wonder if the content of the messages is shared across "interested"
components or are duplicates maintained by each? I.e. transport connector
for openwire + kahadb plus topic cursor + stomp transport?

Trying to understand the behaviour here!

Thanks,

James