activemq-users mailing list archives

From Christian Posta <christian.po...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ SSL Client
Date Tue, 27 Nov 2012 16:51:21 GMT
Yes, you still create the keystores and truststores. Those are used for
Authentication.

But you can plug in "Authorization" rules and match them up to usernames if
you use the jaas plugin as Dejan mentioned.

Authentication is concerned with determining whether the person is who they
say they are and can make a connection with the broker. Authorization
happens after they have passed authentication. Authorization determines
whether they are allowed to perform certain actions based on their role
(write to a queue, consume from a topic, create a destination, etc).

HTH