activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gary Tully <gary.tu...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Whitelisting forwarded queues
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:03:15 GMT
the default for a network bridge is to forward on demand, so when
there is a remote consumer. In this way, only destinations that have
remote consumers will get messages
forwarded.
with staticallyIncludedDestinations, you say, create a local consumer
for this destination and forward irrespective of demand. so always
forward.
So if you only want to have TEST.FOO forwarded because that is the
only destination that has consumers on it, using the default demand
forwarding will work fine.

On 1 November 2012 10:29, Geurt Schimmel <GSchimmel@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
> No, this is another issue I think.
> When I configure my broker to forward ">" to you, and you only expect and process
the queue "TEST.FOO",  it might get messy on your broker (in the best case with a few messages
to a few queues, in the worst case, your broker will become unresponsive). Sure, if you are
aware of the unsolicited forwarding the network-traffic has already occurred, but you want
to keep your broker alive and clean. So I'm looking for a solution for that problem.

--
http://redhat.com
http://blog.garytully.com