activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fulko Hew <fulko....@gmail.com>
Subject how to detect end-of-dataset ?
Date Mon, 05 Nov 2012 14:01:40 GMT
This may be a silly question, but only because I'm totally unfamiliar
with the MQ world.

...In my previous question, I was trying to use Perl/STOMP to retrieve
statistics from the StatisticsPluginBroker in an ActiveMQ world.

So naturally one of the items is the queue statistics.
Now because I want to retrieve the stats on _all_ queues,
I ask for the information using the wild-card approach,
(asking for: /queue/ActiveMQ.Statistics.Destination.*)
and indeed I receive a sequence of messages, one per queue.

But what I need to know is when I've reached the end of the list...
when I've received the 'last one', so that I can perform my
additional tasks.

Is there an MQ concept that can be used to 'bracket' the results?

Or is it fundamentally impossible given the 'message orientation'
of the StatisticsPluginBroker?

Or is there some way (using that broker and STOMP) to retrieve the
'list of queues' and then retrieve the data on each one singly
and explicitly?

TIA
Fulko