activemq-users mailing list archives

From Fulko Hew <>
Subject Re: need example for Perl STOMP access to ActiveMQ.Statistics.Broker
Date Fri, 02 Nov 2012 13:15:11 GMT
On Fri, Nov 2, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Geurt Schimmel <
> wrote:

Looked into AnyEvent::STOMP, but think it's rather obscure.

Actually, its not obscure, and it fits into the SNMP/ActiveX library I

> Would recommend JMX instead.

I'm trying to avoid Java (at all costs)
...After 15 years of fighting with it...

Using just one Jython (no JMX for Perl I'm afraid)

FYI: There is something called Jmx4Perl, based on a Jolokia *agent* (

script to monitor all objects (broker, queues, topics). Start with enabling
> JMX (/etc/default/activemq on Unix) and use (eg) jconsole to browse through
> all JMX exposed objects. And more than happy to share my Jython script.

Thanks, but I'm not going to add 'another' language to my NMS architecture.
Not when its not required.  If I have to, I'll do it in straight Java,
at least then, (some of) my other corporate teammates, might follow the

[its hard enough to get some people to appreciate Perl (which they've at
least heard of), let alone Python which they haven't, or even less, Jython.]

I've made progress on the Perl/STOMP front.  The issue now is understanding
the various 'transformation's that are available (from ActiveMQ?) and being
able to decode the results into a native/usable Perl (hash?) constuct; but
that doesn't seem to be too hard (in the light of a new day on the problem).