activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: problems with shared nothing Master/Slave deployment
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 08:33:56 GMT

On Nov 13, 2012, at 9:17 AM, Liu fuming wrote:

> The parameter sendFailIfNoSpace become useless in shared nothing Master/Slave
> deployment.
> The consumer is blocked when KahaDB store is full.

I don't see why a consumer would get blocked if the specified system limits are reached. Only
producers should be blocked. The idea is that consumers can still process messages so that
more space in the broker is freed to take the next message from the producer.

Further I don't understand why a master slave setup would make a difference here. However
is the master broker should behave just like an ordinary broker. The slave broker won't even
startup and load kahadb as it can't acquire the lock on kahadb.

I have not tested this lately but would assume that this property works as explained and only
affects the producer, not the consumer.

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com