activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <>
Subject Re: Mass-moving messages
Date Tue, 13 Nov 2012 11:49:29 GMT
I don't think its recommended to simply move the files in your database. This would bring the
journal out of sync. Perhaps it worked in 5.3 but I don't think thats a good way to do.

If you really need to move msgs from one queue to another you should use some external tool.
The broker exposes a number of JMX operations which also allows you to move messages to different
destinations. So using jconsole you can move messages.

Alternatively it is very simple to write a little Camel route that moves all msgs from the
DLQ to the messages original destination.

Please note that messages on DLQ can have different origins. There is a message header that
specifies the original destination name. The Camel route could route messages based on this

Hope this helps.

Torsten Mielke