activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: help: ruby listener/publisher
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 08:31:01 GMT
Hi Tony,

As I mentioned in my previous email, this error is generally thrown if the port (61618 in
your example) is already in use by another process.
Stop your broker and run
  netstat -an | grep 61618

and if you see something like this line being printed
tcp4       0      0  *.61618                   *.*                    LISTEN

then its the proof that this port is already in use.
Only one process can use an individual port on a machine.
Find out what application uses this port (the tools to use depend on the OS used) and quit
or reconfigure that application to use a different port.
Alternatively change your broker configuration to use another free port other than 61618.

Also, is the hostname datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk the correct hostname for this machine?
Does the broker startup correctly when using stomp://localhost:61618 ? If so, then your machine
name datafeeds.networkrail.co.uk could be incorrect.

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke.blogspot.com