activemq-users mailing list archives

From Geurt Schimmel <GSchim...@schubergphilis.com>
Subject Re: Whitelisting forwarded queues
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 11:08:54 GMT
Thanks ! I'm sure IT-auditors will raise this kind of questions...

On 1 nov. 2012, at 12:03, "Gary Tully" <gary.tully@gmail.com> wrote:

> the default for a network bridge is to forward on demand, so when
> there is a remote consumer. In this way, only destinations that have
> remote consumers will get messages
> forwarded.
> with staticallyIncludedDestinations, you say, create a local consumer
> for this destination and forward irrespective of demand. so always
> forward.
> So if you only want to have TEST.FOO forwarded because that is the
> only destination that has consumers on it, using the default demand
> forwarding will work fine.
>
> On 1 November 2012 10:29, Geurt Schimmel <GSchimmel@schubergphilis.com> wrote:
>> No, this is another issue I think.
>> When I configure my broker to forward ">" to you, and you only expect and process
the queue "TEST.FOO",  it might get messy on your broker (in the best case with a few messages
to a few queues, in the worst case, your broker will become unresponsive). Sure, if you are
aware of the unsolicited forwarding the network-traffic has already occurred, but you want
to keep your broker alive and clean. So I'm looking for a solution for that problem.