activemq-users mailing list archives

From kimmking <kimmking...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: blocking on multiple topics
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:22:32 GMT

1  consumer, many topics ?
why not use 1 topics and a different selector in every consumer to separate its  interested
message?

From: wheels [via ActiveMQ]
Date: 2012-11-14 15:09
To: kimmking
Subject: blocking on multiple topics
Hi,

I am an JMS/ActiveMQ newbi so please be patient.

I have the following situation, I have one or more consumers interested in a topic, so far
so good, if I understand correctly I can do this with the publish/subscribe context and each
client receives each published message. And as I understand the client blocks until a new
message is published.

But what I really need is to allow consumers to be interested in multiple topics, so we have
topic A and B (completely different topics) and I want to block a consumer until a message
is posted to A and B.

Note that it possible that we have also topcis C,D,E but the consumer (or at least some of
them) are not interested in those topics.

What is the most efficient way to have a consumer block until a message is published to the
topics the consumer is interested in (but not be notified of messages of other topics he is
not interested in)

Regards,
Marc

http://activemq.2283324.n4.nabble.com/blocking-on-multiple-topics-tp4659299.html
To unsubscribe from ActiveMQ - User, click here.
NAML