activemq-users mailing list archives

From pollotek <claudio.sant...@gmail.com>
Subject Broker stops sending messages to consumers
Date Wed, 28 Nov 2012 00:57:33 GMT
I have the following architecture:

(10's of servers here)
(1 server only with 100's of threads)
Tomcat -> Embedded broker -> Stand alone non persistent broker <- consumer

I have several queues in this architecture and has been working for several
months.

For no particular reason the stand alone broker stopped sending messages to
the consumer for one of the queues. As a result the queue in the stand alone
broker is growing out of control. All other queues are being normally
consumed, only this one is giving me a hard time. There are no suspicious
messages in the broker's log or the consumer's log at the time messages
stopped being forwarded.

Through JMX I see 10's of consumers for that queue (exactly matches the
number of threads I declared in my Spring JMS configuration), if there where
no consumers for this queue messages wouldn't be forwarded from the embedded
brokers to the stand alone broker.

Embedded brokers have queues of size 0 most of the time, which is good but
messages are just not being ultimately consumed.

I tried purging the queue in the stand alone broker but didn't make any
difference.

I'm running:
ActiveMQ 5.6.0
Apache Tomcat/6.0.35