activemq-users mailing list archives

From rolin <>
Subject Can failover transport retry current connection first?
Date Thu, 22 Nov 2012 19:53:41 GMT

I am running activemq 5.4.2 with JDK1.6.025 in Linux.   There are two
brokers configured via network of brokers.  Java client connects to brokers
using the following failover url:

Java client sometimes falsely detects connection lost to broker1 and
successfully reconnects to broker2.  Is there a way to configure failover
transport to retry broker1 first before trying broker2?

I understand that "Priority Backup" is introduced as part of 5.6.0 and that
might serve the purpose.  But I am using 5.4.2 and do not plan to upgrade in
near future.

The cause of false detection of connection lost is under investigation.  It
could be caused by long GC (>30 seconds).  But it is a separate issue.