activemq-users mailing list archives

From jayeff <>
Subject ActiveMQ.DLQ appears, even though <sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false"/>
Date Tue, 20 Nov 2012 09:17:51 GMT
Hi all,

I'm facing the following problem, maybe someone can help with this as I
couldn't find helpful suggestions when searching the mailinglist or Google.

I have an application running an embedded broker with three queue, no
topics. Messages are put into the queues inside a transaction with 1-30
messages per transaction. Persistance is through kahadb. I don't want any
messages to be redelivered but discarded instead, so I used the below
snippet in the activemq.xml as suggested at
<>  :

 <policyEntry queue=">" producerFlowControl="true" memoryLimit="2gb"
enableAudit="false" maxPageSize="100" >
  	<sharedDeadLetterStrategy processExpired="false" />

  	<fileQueueCursor />

I was under the impression that this would discard e.g. all expired
messages. However looking at the broker with jvisualvm I see a 4th queue
called ActiveMQ.DLQ which seems to be the default dlq.

Am I missing out on something?

Best regards,