activemq-users mailing list archives

From srobinson <srobinson3...@gmail.com>
Subject Special buffer queue
Date Sun, 18 Nov 2012 03:03:42 GMT
Hello,
I am currently trying to use ActiveMQ for the following use-case:

I have a widget that waits for incoming topic messages that comes every 5
minutes and display the content. It works great, but obviously, when I start
the widget, it is empty until the next message comes in, which is not ideal
as it could take up to 5 minute. Ideally it could load the content from the
latest message that was broadcasted on the system.

One solution: I could setup a central database (e.g. MySQL) somewhere which
role is just to persist the latest message received on that topic and serve
it to widgets when they start.

But I wonder if ActiveMQ has a feature that would avoid me having another
moving part in my system, like some kind of special queue or round buffer
which holds the latest X messages broad-casted on a given topic, and let my
widget "peek" the last few messages when starting.

Any idea?

Thanks in advance!

SR