activemq-users mailing list archives

From himanshu_s83 <himanshu_...@yahoo.co.in>
Subject Re: jms.prefetchPolicy.queuePrefetch=1 means 2 outstanding messages?
Date Fri, 16 Nov 2012 06:04:15 GMT
Ok. Sure, will try that. So I assume that with usePrefetchExtension=false, it
doesn't matter whats the prefetch size. Correct?

With Prefetch Size 0 we initially saw messages getting consumed faster but
after a while, consumption rate became dead slow and queue size kept on
increasing to a very high value, even after increasing consumers. So we
reverted to earlier value of 1.

We are using 5.0 version of ActiveMQ and consumers are created in a
threadpool with each consumer thread having a dedicated session. Our
threaded model is straightforward:

while(1) {
consumer.receive() //threads block here for new message
processMessgae() //message get processed here
acknowledge() //message get acknowledged
}

In addition to above, we are catching exceptions and calling
"session.recover()" appropriately.