activemq-users mailing list archives

From wheels <marco.lapon...@gmail.com>
Subject blocking on multiple topics
Date Wed, 14 Nov 2012 07:09:53 GMT
Hi,

I am an JMS/ActiveMQ newbi so please be patient.

I have the following situation, I have one or more consumers interested in a
topic, so far so good, if I understand correctly I can do this with the
publish/subscribe context and each client receives each published message.
And as I understand the client blocks until a new message is published.

But what I really need is to allow consumers to be interested in multiple
topics, so we have topic A and B (completely different topics) and I want to
block a consumer until a message is posted to A and B.

Note that it possible that we have also topcis C,D,E but the consumer (or at
least some of them) are not interested in those topics.

What is the most efficient way to have a consumer block until a message is
published to the topics the consumer is interested in (but not be notified
of messages of other topics he is not interested in)

Regards,
Marc