activemq-users mailing list archives

From Tobb <>
Subject Re: ActiveMQ Web Console - retry button
Date Fri, 09 Nov 2012 16:03:24 GMT

It seems that the retry-button was added by the people that set up ActiveMQ
last time. It can be achieved by tweaking the jsp's in
<amq-root>\webapps\admin. I've gone through with some tweaks to get the
retry button back.

I'll post my tweaks here, they are really quite neat if you have set up to
use one dead-letter queue for each queue, specially if you have a lot of
queues with long names.

Add a retry button to the list of messages in a queue (we use the prefix DLQ
for dead-letter queues, and DLT for dead-letter topics/consumers, you can
change it to suit your configuration..):

The tweaks for adding the retry-button are as follows:

Add a retry button in the overview of a queue:

In <amq-root>\webapps\admin.browse.jsp, change the td-element containing the
link to delete a message to this:

Add a retry button to the overview of a message, if its in a dead-letter

In <amq-root>\webapps\admin\message.jsp:

After the tr-element holding the link to delete the message:

I've also attached the two files, browser.jsp and message.jsp, which
contains the tweak to get the retry-button, as well as some other minor
tweaks on the select-box for selecting a queue to move/copy to (whole
queue-names are showing, and they are sorted).

Here they are:

Hopefully it will come in handy for someone else as well :)

Torsten Mielke-2 wrote