activemq-users mailing list archives

From Biscuit128 <rickilamb...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Can't make topic persistent
Date Tue, 06 Nov 2012 20:36:49 GMT
A bit of both really! when the consumer goes away i would like the messages
to be persisted for when they come back but also i read something about the
broker being able to write the messages to some form of log file if it was
not connected and then, once it connects again then it reads the file and
then continues sending?

I may well be way off the mark here. I am just looking for some fail safe
mechanism where by should the broker go down then consumers do not miss out
on any messages sent at this time?

Currently i have a set up where, using the failover:// protocol it will try
and reconnect, but when it manages to reconnect it deletes the topic I had
and creates a new one :( loosing all the messages that were in there

Thanks for your time