activemq-users mailing list archives

From fbcyborg <fbcyb...@gmail.com>
Subject Help configuring ActiveMQ as JMSProvider in WebSphere
Date Thu, 01 Nov 2012 18:01:09 GMT
Hello,

I am running ActiveMQ 5.7.0 on Linux and I created a Queue named
"jms/systemMessageQueue" through the web interface.
Since I am developing J2EE applications I use IBM Websphere (6.1 or 7) to
deploy my Servlets.

I wrote a Servlet that fails after this line:

Queue queue = (Queue) jndiContext.lookup("jms/systemMessageQueue");

This is the exception:
com.ibm.websphere.naming.CannotInstantiateObjectException: Exception
occurred while the JNDI NamingManager was processing a
javax.naming.Reference object. [Root exception is
javax.naming.NoInitialContextException: Failed to create InitialContext
using factory specified in hashtable
{java.naming.factory.initial=org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQWASInitialContextFactory,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.hostname.normalizer=com.ibm.ws.naming.util.DefaultHostnameNormalizer,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.name.syntax=jndi,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.namespace.connection=eager,
com.ibm.ws.naming.ldap.ldapinitctxfactory=com.sun.jndi.ldap.LdapCtxFactory,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.jndicache.cacheobject=populated,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.namespaceroot=defaultroot,
com.ibm.ws.naming.implementation=WsnIpCos,
com.ibm.ws.naming.wsn.factory.initial=com.ibm.ws.naming.util.WsnInitCtxFactory,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.jndicache.maxcachelife=0,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.jndicache.maxentrylife=0,
java.naming.connectionFactoryNames=jms/queueConnectionFactory,
java.naming.provider.url=tcp://localhost:61616,
com.ibm.websphere.naming.jndicache.cachename=providerURL,
java.naming.factory.url.pkgs=com.ibm.ws.naming:com.ibm.ws.runtime:com.ibm.iscportal.jndi:com.ibm.ws.naming:com.ibm.ws.naming,
java.naming.queue=jms/systemMessageQueue} [Root exception is
java.lang.StringIndexOutOfBoundsException: String index out of range: 18]]

I don't understand why it says "String index out of range: 18".

This is the configuration I use on WAS:

Resources->JMS->JMS Providers:
        Name: ActiveMQ
        External initial context factory:
org.apache.activemq.jndi.ActiveMQWASInitialContextFactory
        External provider URL: tcp://localhost:61616
        Custom Properties:
                Name: java.naming.connectionFactoryNames; Value:
jms/queueConnectionFactory
                Name: java.naming.queue; Value: jms/systemMessageQueue
Resources->JMS->Queue Connection Factories:
        Name: Queue Connection Factory
        JNDI Name: jms/QueueConnectionFactory
        External JNDI Name: jms/QueueConnectionFactory
        Provider: ActiveMQ
Resources->JMS->Queues
        Name: System Message Queue
        JNDI Name: jms/systemMessageQueue
        External JNDI Name: jms/systemMessageQueue
        Provider: ActiveMQ

The directory /opt/IBM/WebSphere/AppServer/lib/ext/ contains the following
jar files:
- activeio-core-3.1.4.jar
- activemq-core-5.7.0.jar

I don't know if there is something wrong within the configuration or not,
but I think so.
Could somebody help me to solve this problem when trying to connect to the
queue?