activemq-users mailing list archives

From Aravind Chennuru <Aravind.Chenn...@netboss.com>
Subject RE: Kill a subscription in ActiveMQ
Date Sun, 11 Nov 2012 15:02:04 GMT
It's the other way around. I know for a fact that a topic has a slow consumer on the other
end as a producer but I could add logic to stop producing messages but there could not find
a way to notify the consumer that the topic has been destroyed and it needs to restart in
this case.
Now sure l wouldn't care who reports that the connection has been lost but I only have handle
from the producer, i.e. I only know that a topic has a slow consumer through the producer,
well ofcource from broker if I write a BrokerServiceMonitor that checks every topic every
15 seconds.

-----Original Message-----
From: Christian Posta [mailto:christian.posta@gmail.com]
Sent: Saturday, November 10, 2012 12:10 PM
To: users@activemq.apache.org

Not sure what you're asking... You want to kill the publisher of a topic?
A subscriber doesn't know about the publisher, so it cannot report "the connection has been
lost".. unless you mean you want the broker to indicate the connection has been lost?

--
*Christian Posta*
http://www.christianposta.com/blog