activemq-users mailing list archives

From Mike L. <patzer...@hotmail.com>
Subject pure master/slave question - console of slave shows many pending msgs
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 21:31:05 GMT

All:

I have configured a pure (shared nothing) master/slave setup (both are running ActiveMQ 5.3.1).

One of the documentation points for this configuration is:

A slave of a master broker consumes all message states from the master - messages, acknowledgments
and transactional states.

However, when I view the admin console of the slave (http://slaveip:8161/admin/queues.jsp)
for many queues I see the "Number Of Pending Messages" is all over the map. That is, sometimes
it equals the "Messages Enqueued" count; sometimes it is zero; and sometimes it is about halfway
in between. By the way, if I click on a queue name on this page it "spins" but never comes
back.

Mostly, I want assurance that the slave is not continuing to store messages that were consumed/acknowledged
from the master. (In other words, should the master fail, then clients aren't going to get
a bunch of duplicate messages...)

TIA,

Mike (aka patzerbud)