activemq-users mailing list archives

From Gilles Harloux <gilles.harl...@gmail.com>
Subject KahaDB: No messages, but log files not reclaimed and StorePercentUsage above 100
Date Tue, 23 Oct 2012 08:15:57 GMT
Hi,

I have a system embedding a broker with KahaDB as a store. I am trying
to get a feel about disaster recovery behavior. So what I am basically
doing is randomly kill & restart the process. I see a condition (after
killing & restarting multiple times) where the messages get consumed,
but kahaDB journal files (db-*.log) don't get reclaimed. As I set up a
storeUsage limit, it ends up blocking the system.

I say the messages get consumed, because I can see my application
logging what messages it gets to handle; Also, JMX tells me that the
broker's TotalMesageCount is zero, while the StorePercentUsage is
above 100 (depending on parameters such as message size & rate, I saw
anything from 112 to 293 percent usage).

So, two questions:
 - How is it possible (for any reasons) to get a usage percentage
above 100? (In other situations, I saw it happen with memory too).
 - Why is it I can't get kahaDB to reclaim seemingly unused journal files?

TIA,