activemq-users mailing list archives

From Torsten Mielke <tors...@fusesource.com>
Subject Re: pure master/slave question - console of slave shows many pending msgs
Date Wed, 31 Oct 2012 13:04:20 GMT
Hi,

Message replication should work correctly in pure master/slave setup on a decent version of
ActiveMQ.
5.3 is rather old. Any reason for using that old version?

Also, pure master/slave has some drawback (which are documented). Are you sure you don't want
to use other models of master/slave?

Regards,

Torsten Mielke
torsten@fusesource.com
tmielke.blogspot.com

On Oct 30, 2012, at 10:31 PM, Mike L. wrote:

> All:
>
> I have configured a pure (shared nothing) master/slave setup (both are running ActiveMQ
5.3.1).

> One of the documentation points for this configuration is:
>
> A slave of a master broker consumes all message states from the master - messages, acknowledgments
and transactional states.

> However, when I view the admin console of the slave (http://slaveip:8161/admin/queues.jsp)
for many queues I see the "Number Of Pending Messages" is all over the map. That is, sometimes
it equals the "Messages Enqueued" count; sometimes it is zero; and sometimes it is about halfway
in between. By the way, if I click on a queue name on this page it "spins" but never comes
back.

> Mostly, I want assurance that the slave is not continuing to store messages that were
consumed/acknowledged from the master. (In other words, should the master fail, then clients
aren't going to get a bunch of duplicate messages...)