activemq-users mailing list archives

From "dannygallagher2@gmail.com" <dannygallagh...@gmail.com>
Subject Reorder of messages
Date Tue, 30 Oct 2012 13:13:46 GMT
Looking into how to reorder messages on a queue, or perhaps update a message
while it is in a queue.

Digging around, I haven't found anything that quite fits my use case.
priority queues, resequencer, etc.

This high level system will help me illustrate:
An enterprise system that produces books.
This is accomplished by four async processes with queues at each step.
1. print
2. bind
3. package
4. ship

In addition, at any point in this process, an order for a specific book can
be updated in a way that would change it's priority up or down.  So I need a
way to facilitate moving it up or down in whatever queue it exists in.

My initial thought is that all these queues would be listening on an "order
updated" topic.
But I'm unclear on how to best reorder a queue when that topic is published
to.

Is something like this possible (or allowed) in ActiveMQ?

Thanks