activemq-users mailing list archives

From cristisor <cristisor...@yahoo.com>
Subject Basic ActiveMQ example help
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 14:04:29 GMT
Hello,

I need to do a simple application using JMS/ActiveMQ and after reading many
tutorials, where someone says something a little bit different that the guy
before him, I'm completely lost. Please help me with the following
questions:

1. How can I add destinations to be supported in Tomee+ so that I can lookup
for them later, a connection factory, a queue and a topic to begin with?
2. With Tomee+ started I should be able to see the destinations in the
web-console Queues and Topics sections, right?
3. Can I get the ActiveMQInitialContextFactory from outside Tomee+ and use
it to lookup for a ConnectionFactory, a Topic or a Queue in a basic java
application? I only found a tutorial on how to get
"RemoteInitialContextFactory" and lookup for a certain stub.

For example, the following links talk about configuring JMS resources in
Tomcat, but the explanations are very poor for a beginner with the
enterprise applications:
http://activemq.apache.org/setting-up-activemq-with-tomcat-559.html
http://rocksolutions.wordpress.com/2010/12/03/configure-apache-activemq-with-tomcat-6/
http://tomee.apache.org/jms-resources-and-mdb-container.html