activemq-users mailing list archives

From guerra <>
Subject Re: On-disk persisted message queues on consumer failure
Date Tue, 16 Oct 2012 13:13:43 GMT
Hi Christian

I've set up the database route as transacted, please see camel.xml below.
The configuration is working nicely and I've tested doing a wrong insertion
and I can see the transaction manager doing the rollback.

However, I don't see the link between uncommited transactions and KahaDB. I
mean, I can't figure out how an uncommited transaction "goes" into KahaDB
storage and in fact, it doesn't change the behaviour as it was before
setting up the transaction manager for this route. If I shutdown the
database, Camel starts to build up the queue again as it was before and
KahaDB apparently doesn't realize about the new status with the database.
So, something is not working!!  Likely I am missing some configuration or
something, Anyway I'd be glad if somebody can shed some light on this.!

    ******** camel.xml *********
                <description>NTCS Incoming Queue</description>
                <from uri=""/>
                <to uri="seda:jdbc.queue"/>
                <description>NTCS Oracle Insertion Queue</description>
                <from uri="seda:jdbc.queue"/>
                        <bean ref="insertTransactedTelemetry"/>

<bean id="oracle-ntcs-ds" class="oracle.ucp.jdbc.PoolDataSourceFactory"
          <property name="URL" value="jdbc:oracle:thin:@(DESCRIPTION =

            <property name="user" value="archa" />
            <property name="password" value="ast$arte" />
            <property name="connectionFactoryClassName"
value="oracle.jdbc.pool.OracleDataSource" />
            <property name="connectionPoolName" value="NTCS_POOL" />
            <property name="connectionWaitTimeout" value="20" />
            <property name="minPoolSize" value="4" />
            <property name="maxPoolSize" value="10" />
            <property name="initialPoolSize" value="4" />
            <property name="inactiveConnectionTimeout" value="20" />
            <property name="timeoutCheckInterval" value="60" />
            <property name="fastConnectionFailoverEnabled" value="true" />
            <property name="ONSConfiguration"
            <property name="validateConnectionOnBorrow" value="true" />
            <property name="maxStatements" value="0" />

    <tx:annotation-driven transaction-manager="txManager"/>

    <bean id="txManager"
        <property name="dataSource" ref="oracle-ntcs-ds"/>

    <bean id="insertTransactedTelemetry"
        <property name="datasource" ref="oracle-ntcs-ds"/>