activemq-users mailing list archives

From vlasmarias <vlasmar...@hotmail.com>
Subject Re: After rollback, JMSConsumer is not freed up to process other messages?
Date Wed, 10 Oct 2012 16:59:30 GMT
Thanks for the response. While that explains a lot, I'm confused as to why it
was implemented that way - i.e., trying to preserve the message order.
Firstly, if I have 10 JMS consumer threads and only 5 messages, there's a
great chance that the order will not get preserved anyways. Secondly, if
code is not written properly and exceptions are sometimes thrown, then
having JMS consumer threads get stuck reprocessing messages until
maxRedelivery is reached would seriously compromise scalability. Imho, it's
much better that the default behaviour is to just free up that JMS consumer
to process the next message.