activemq-users mailing list archives

From maorhorn <>
Subject dummies question - how to create few instances of ActiveMq?
Date Mon, 08 Oct 2012 14:39:16 GMT
Hi guys,
Me and my friend want to communicate with the same server but each of us for
his own purpose [we run the same code but separately].
For that end, we cannot use the same activeMq instance (because of the
messages mixture).
My friend suggested to create a different instance of activeMq for each of
us, with his own port and name.

My question is -
How does it done?
I understand that I need to change the configuration file but how? and where
do I put the changes (I dat in the info section and fail to find something
that actucally suits the situation, I also tried by my own but than the
activeMq didn't run well... oops).

Thanks and have a great day :)