activemq-users mailing list archives

From zackhasit <zackha...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Maintenance Mode
Date Tue, 02 Oct 2012 16:13:01 GMT
Does memory limit change via JMX require restart ? (I am not familiar with
JMX but does that allow changes to broker properties also ? I thought it was
just a monitoring interface ... )

Can I set memory limit of a queue to zero such that producers cannot write
at all while consumers consume all pending messages ? Would that could make
the queued messages drop down to zero ?

You mentioned about producers blocking until more space is available in a
queue. However can this be non blocking so that producer can send messages
to other queues meanwhile? (Note that I am trying to stop consumers for
maintenance to a particular queue only and broker might have more queues
that would keep functioning)

This is for non persistent queues.