activemq-users mailing list archives

From Andreas Maza <andr.m...@gmail.com>
Subject QueueBrowser does not return large messages
Date Fri, 14 Sep 2012 06:29:47 GMT
Hi folks,

I am facing a problem when accessing my messages (in the DLQ) with the
queue browser: it works for "regularly-sized" messages, but it does not
return anything for large messages. I have 4 messages in my queue, where
three of them are about 20MB each. I use the ActiveMQ queue browser
implementation in my admin GUI - it shows a queue size of 4, but when I
want to browse the queue, nothing is returned and I also do not receive any
exceptions. The same behaviour applies for the ActiveMQ web console (which
runs on the same host as the ActiveMQ instance).

In general, I would prefer to load only the JMS headers when browsing a
queue for efficieny reasons. Any hints how this can be done using the queue
browse or how to avoid the above mentioned behavior?

Thanks and best regards,

Andr